Indian Railways have started special trains to enable passengers to go from one city to another for COVID duration. These trains are rajdhani like trains and will be having only air conditioned classes. Only confirmed seats will be allotted in these trains. No waiting list or RAC tickets will be issued. No concessional fare allowed. Also Tatkal and Premium Tatkal quota booking wont be permitted in these trains. The passengers travelling on the train will be screened for coronavirus and those found asymptomatic will be allowed to travel.Railway board has also added that it will be mandatory for all the passengers to keep his or her mouth covered by a face cover. 2 covid trains run from Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal Road - Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Tirunelveli Special (06788) and Villupuram Madurai Express Special (06867).
Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal Road Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Tirunelveli Special (06788) departs from Tiruchirappalli station (TPJ) at and arrives Kodaikanal Road station (KQN) at . This train has 2 stoppages.
Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal Road Villupuram Madurai Express Special (06867) departs from Tiruchirappalli station (TPJ) at and arrives Kodaikanal Road station (KQN) at . This train has 6 stoppages.
Tejas is semi-high speed express train that was launched in July 2017. This is a new concept train which is fully AC and has modern amenities onboard like LED TV beside each seat, tea and coffee vending machines. This train hails for short journeys and have only seating arrangements with Chair Car (CC) and Executive Class (EC) classes of travel. Ticket fare is little higher for these trains. Tejas trains are painted in bright yellow color and have sun rays inscribed on the outer surface of coaches. Tejas is a sanskrit word meaning Sharp and vibrant which reflects the modern day facilities of this train. 1 tejas train runs from Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal Road - Chennai Egmore Madurai Tejas Express (22671).
Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal Road Chennai Egmore Madurai Tejas Express (22671) departs from Tiruchirappalli station (TPJ) at and arrives Kodaikanal Road station (KQN) at . This train has 1 stoppages.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.