Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Tatanagar to Igatpuri - Howrah Mumbai CSMT AC Duronto Express (12262).
Tatanagar to Igatpuri Howrah Mumbai CSMT AC Duronto Express (12262) departs from Tatanagar Jn station (TATA) at and arrives Igatpuri station (IGP) at . This train has 4 stoppages. Tatanagar to Igatpuri duronto fare is Rs.5175 in First AC, Rs.2020 in Third AC and Rs.2875 in Second AC for this train which includes meal charges also. Mumbai Howrah Duronto is the fastest train from Mumbai to Kolkata. Although Mumbai and Kolkata are two important metro cities in India, still this Duronto is the only premium category train between these two cities. South Eastern Railway has decided to make catering services optional in Howrah Mumbai duronto from 1st August, 2017.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.