Indian Railways have started special trains to enable passengers to go from one city to another for COVID duration. These trains are rajdhani like trains and will be having only air conditioned classes. Only confirmed seats will be allotted in these trains. No waiting list or RAC tickets will be issued. No concessional fare allowed. Also Tatkal and Premium Tatkal quota booking wont be permitted in these trains. The passengers travelling on the train will be screened for coronavirus and those found asymptomatic will be allowed to travel.Railway board has also added that it will be mandatory for all the passengers to keep his or her mouth covered by a face cover. 2 covid trains run from Kolkata to Durg - Santragachi Porbandar Kavi Guru SF Special (09094) and Howrah Porbandar SF Special Fare Special (09206).
Kolkata to Durg Santragachi Porbandar Kavi Guru SF Special (09094) departs from Santragachi Jn station (SRC) at and arrives Durg station (DURG) at . This train has 13 stoppages.
Kolkata to Durg Howrah Porbandar SF Special Fare Special (09206) departs from Howrah Jn station (HWH) at and arrives Durg station (DURG) at . This train has 0 stoppages. In Howrah Porbandar SF Special Fare Special (09206), seat availability status is GNWL21/WL14 in Second AC (2A) with 88% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL74/WL33 in Third AC (3A) with 82% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL354/WL204 in Sleeper (SL) with 18% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL100/WL79 in Second Seater (2S) with 69% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Kolkata to Durg - Gitanjali SF Special (02260).
Kolkata to Durg Gitanjali SF Special (02260) departs from Howrah Jn station (HWH) at and arrives Durg station (DURG) at . This train has 0 stoppages. Kolkata to Durg duronto fare is Rs.1410 in Third AC, Rs.1980 in Second AC and Rs.525 in Sleeper for this train which includes meal charges also. In Gitanjali SF Special (02260), seat availability status is GNWL32/WL26 in Second AC (2A) with 80% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL61/WL39 in Third AC (3A) with 83% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL317/WL210 in Sleeper (SL) with 21% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL86/WL75 in Second Seater (2S) with 71% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
The concept of Garib Rath started with the vision to provide air conditioned berths at a comparatively low price for the people who could not afford to travel in AC coaches. Garib-rath phrase translates to poor man's chariot in English. The fare in this train is almost two-thirds of regular third ac fare. Usually Garib Rath have Third AC (3A) class only excepting some 1-2 trains which also have Chair Car (CC) class. The compartments of these train coaches have 9 berths making an extra space for side middle berth which is not there in any other train in India. In case passengers want to have bedrolls they need to pay separately for it. Some garib-raths run as fast as rajdhani, but they have lesser priority for track clearance compared to them. These trains are painted green with a yellow colored strip along the window panes. 1 garib-rath train runs from Kolkata to Durg - Howrah Sainagar Shirdi Weekly SF Special Fare Special (02594).
Kolkata to Durg Howrah Sainagar Shirdi Weekly SF Special Fare Special (02594) departs from Howrah Jn station (HWH) at and arrives Durg station (DURG) at . This train has 0 stoppages.
Humsafar trains are long distance superfast trains that traverses overnight journeys. This is a new concept by the Indian Railways. Some Humsafar trains also run for more than 24 hours. Keeping in mind the middle class travellers, Humsafar was launched last year by the Former Railway Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu. It has only Third AC class coach and have optional meal service. This train follows dynamic pricing meaning fare increases as the seat availability decreases. However, these trains hold lesser priority than Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains. Humsafar trains are equipped with modern day amenities and enhanced safety features. There are CCTV cameras fitted in every coach of Humsafar trains and there are charging points for each berth. One can also see current running speed of train on the LEDs fitted above doors. These trains are characterized by beautiful graffiti paint with vibrant sky blue color on outer surface of coaches. 1 humsafar train runs from Kolkata to Durg - Santragachi Pune Humsafar Express (20822).
Kolkata to Durg Santragachi Pune Humsafar Express (20822) departs from Santragachi Jn station (SRC) at and arrives Durg station (DURG) at . This train has 8 stoppages. Kolkata to Durg humsafar fare is Rs.1350 in Third AC and Rs.500 in Sleeper for this train.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.