Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Salem to Madurai - MGR Chennai Central Madurai AC Duronto Express (22205).
Salem to Madurai MGR Chennai Central Madurai AC Duronto Express (22205) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Madurai Jn station (MDU) at . Salem to Madurai duronto fare is Rs.1415 in First AC, Rs.890 in Third AC and Rs.1230 in Second AC for this train which includes meal charges also. Chennai Madurai Duronto connects the capital city of Tamil Nadu to its another city Madurai. This Duronto 22205/06 is probably the least preferred Duronto train since there are multiple faster options available to travel between these two cities. But is the most convenient overnight journey train. This is the only Duronto to still have ICF coaches (Integral Coach Factory) as opposed to modern LHB coaches (Link Hofmann Coach) in other premium trains including Durontos.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.