close
swap_horiz
close

Salem to Chennai trains

12602
Mangaluru Central Chennai Central Mail
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22640
Alappuzha Chennai Central (Alleppey) SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 05 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12674
Cheran SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 45 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
06008
Nagercoil Chennai Central SpecialFare Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
1A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
82644
Nagercoil Chennai Central Suvidha Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
1A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
12682
Coimbatore Chennai Central Weekly SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 35 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
06050
Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala SpecialFare Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
82632
Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
82636
Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Weekly Suvidha Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
12624
Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central Mail
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 25 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
20602
Madurai Chennai Central Weekly AC SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 830
3A
₹ 585
22206
Madurai Chennai Central AC Duronto Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 00 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
12686
Mangaluru Central Chennai Central SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 35 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
06048
Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala SpecialFare Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
82634
Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Suvidha Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
82640
Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special
SA ()
Salem Jn
07 hr 00 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
N/A
3A
N/A
SL
N/A
12687
Madurai Dehradun SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 45 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12507
Thiruvananthapuram Central Silchar SF Express ( via Chennai Central )
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12696
Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 20 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12690
Nagercoil Chennai Central (Weekly) SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 20 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22208
Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central SUPER AC Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
12698
Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central Weekly SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12680
Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 15 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
CC
₹ 520
2S
₹ 145
22638
West Coast SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 35 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12969
Coimbatore Jaipur SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 25 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
13352
Alappuzha Dhanbad (Bokaro) Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
07 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 830
3A
₹ 585
SL
₹ 215
18190
Alappuzha Tatanagar Link Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
07 hr 10 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 830
3A
₹ 585
SL
₹ 215
12244
Coimbatore Chennai Central Shatabdi Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 05 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
12676
Kovai SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 23 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
CC
₹ 520
2S
₹ 145
12512
Thiruvananthapuram Central Gorakhpur Rapti Sagar SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
04 hr 55 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
12522
Ernakulam Barauni Rapti Sagar SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
04 hr 55 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22646
Ahilya Nagari SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
04 hr 55 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22648
Thiruvananthapuram Central Korba SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
04 hr 55 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22154
Salem Chennai Egmore SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 25 min
MS ()
Chennai Egmore
2A
₹ 915
3A
₹ 655
SL
₹ 255
22650
Yercaud SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
06 hr 05 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
22652
Palakkad Junction Chennai Central SF Express (Via Palani)
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 30 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
2S
₹ 145
12672
Nilgiri (Blue Mountain) SF Express
SA ()
Salem Jn
05 hr 45 min
MAS ()
Chennai Central
2A
₹ 880
3A
₹ 630
SL
₹ 245
info

Salem to Chennai train time table

Kovai SF Express (12676) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at taking a total of 5 hrs 23 mints to cover the distance of 334 kms. Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express (12680) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at taking a total of 5 hrs 15 mints to cover the distance of 334 kms. Yercaud SF Express (22650) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at taking a total of 6 hrs 5 mints to cover the distance of 334 kms.
info

Salem to Chennai train Seat Availability

In Kovai SF Express (12676), seat availability status is PQWL22/WL18 in Chair Car (CC) with 28% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL109/WL54 in Second Seater (2S) with 67% chance of confirmation for tomorrow. In Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express (12680), seat availability status is GNWL52/WL26 in Chair Car (CC) with 40% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL140/WL80 in Second Seater (2S) with 60% chance of confirmation for tomorrow. In Yercaud SF Express (22650), seat availability status is GNWL4/WL4 in First AC (1A) with 83% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL18/WL13 in Second AC (2A) with 88% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL61/WL35 in Third AC (3A) with 37% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL238/WL110 in Sleeper (SL) with 70% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
info

Salem to Chennai train Fare

Fare for trains from Salem to Chennai is Rs 145 in Second Seater (2S), Rs 520 in Chair Car (CC), Rs 1455 in Executive Class (EC), Rs 1390 in First AC (1A), Rs 830 in Second AC (2A), Rs 215 in Sleeper (SL), Rs 130 in None (GN) and Rs 585 in Third AC (3A) in general quota. Tatkal ticket fare and premium tatkal fare in this route starts from Rs 195 in Second Seater (2S), Rs 835 in Chair Car (CC), Rs 1875 in Executive Class (EC), Rs 1520 in Second AC (2A), Rs 385 in Sleeper (SL) and Rs 1080 in Third AC (3A).
info

Salem to Chennai train Rajdhani

Rajdhani express are premium category trains by the Indian Railways that redefines luxury travelling in India. It is a fully air-conditioned train which connects country capital (Delhi) with state capitals. That is why they are called 'Rajdhani' which translates to 'Capital' in English. These train runs at very high speed and therefore it usually takes least time to reach destination compared to other trains on the same route. Mumbai rajdhani is the fastest rajdhani train which attains a maximum speed of 140 kmph on some stretch. Rajdhani Express offers catering facilities inside the train the fare of which is included in ticket fare. Rajdhani trains have 3 classes - First AC (1A), AC II-tier (2A) and AC III-tier (3A) only and they are coupled with LHB coaches that have higher safety features. The ticket fare for Rajdhani is maximum amongst all trains on the same route and has dynamic fare (Flexi Fare) system. Waitlisted passengers are strictly not allowed inside this train. Rajdhani train coaches are usually painted in red with a grey colored strip outside. 1 rajdhani train runs from Salem to Chennai - Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central SUPER AC Express (22208).

Salem to Chennai Thiruvananthapuram Central Chennai Central SUPER AC Express (22208) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai rajdhani fare is Rs.1670 in First AC, Rs.1040 in Third AC and Rs.1445 in Second AC for this train which includes meal charges also.

info

Salem to Chennai train Duronto

Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Salem to Chennai - Madurai Chennai Central AC Duronto Express (22206).

Salem to Chennai Madurai Chennai Central AC Duronto Express (22206) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai duronto fare is Rs.1670 in First AC, Rs.1040 in Third AC and Rs.1445 in Second AC for this train which includes meal charges also. Chennai Madurai Duronto connects the capital city of Tamil Nadu to its another city Madurai. This Duronto 22205/06 is probably the least preferred Duronto train since there are multiple faster options available to travel between these two cities. But is the most convenient overnight journey train. This is the only Duronto to still have ICF coaches (Integral Coach Factory) as opposed to modern LHB coaches (Link Hofmann Coach) in other premium trains including Durontos.

info

Salem to Chennai train Shatabdi

Shatabdi express is a premium category full air-conditioned train that connects important cities of India. These are the fastest trains in India which can run at over 150 kmph. These trains runs for short distances only and are not for overnight journeys. Shatabdi trains have only seating arrangements. They are equipped with safer LHB coaches. The first Shatabdi Express train was introduced in 1988 to commemorate the birth centenary of Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. These train offers catering facilities and the food fare is included in ticket cost. Shatabdi trains have classes Chair Car (CC) and Executive Class(EC). These are best alternative to bus journeys. 1 shatabdi train runs from Salem to Chennai - Coimbatore Chennai Central Shatabdi Express (12244).

Salem to Chennai Coimbatore Chennai Central Shatabdi Express (12244) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai shatabdi fare is Rs.1015 in Chair Car and Rs.1455 in Executive Class for this train which includes meal charges also. In Coimbatore Chennai Central Shatabdi Express (12244), seat availability status is GNWL10/WL4 in Executive Class (EC) with 92% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL29/WL20 in Chair Car (CC) with 87% chance of confirmation for tomorrow. Chennai Coimbatore Shatabdi was initially introduced as Duronto category train, but due to the losses incurred by Indian Railways, it was decided to convert this Chennai Coimbatore Express train as Shatabdi Express. It commenced its journey as Shatabdi Express from November 22, 2013 keeping days of operation and composition of train same as before.

info

Salem to Chennai train Suvidha

Suvidha as the name suggests is a series of express trains that was introduced a couple of years back in lieu to beat the peak season rush on other trains. These trains have sleeper, second seating and ac coaches. The advance reservation period for these trains are a maximum of 30 days only as against other trains that have 120 days of ARP. For suvidha trains passengers are issued either confirmed berth or RAC and there is no waitlist concept in Suvidha trains. So for passengers who are looking for a sure shot seat can opt for Suvidha train if this train is available for your route. But hang on, before you proceed further to book a ticket in this trains, let us tell you that it will burn a hole in your pocket because Suvidha trains too have dynamic fare (flexi fare) system just like rajdhani and Shatabdi trains. So you might end up paying more for a SL class than Second AC of any other train on same route. Also, senior citizens and children are not given any privilege of concession in these trains. And once you drop the plan to travel, do it carefully as there is no cancellation permitted for these trains of course with some exceptions. 5 suvidha trains run from Salem to Chennai - Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82632), Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Suvidha Special (82634), Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Weekly Suvidha Special (82636), Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82640) and Nagercoil Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82644).

Salem to Chennai Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82632) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at .

Salem to Chennai Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Suvidha Special (82634) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at .

Salem to Chennai Kollam Chennai Central Sabarimala Weekly Suvidha Special (82636) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at .

Salem to Chennai Ernakulam Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82640) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at .

Salem to Chennai Nagercoil Chennai Central Suvidha Special (82644) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at .

info

Salem to Chennai Yercaud SF Express 22650

Salem to Chennai Yercaud SF Express (22650) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai train fare is Rs.1470 in First AC, Rs.130 in None, Rs.630 in Third AC, Rs.880 in Second AC and Rs.245 in Sleeper for this train. In Yercaud SF Express (22650), seat availability status is GNWL4/WL4 in First AC (1A) with 83% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL18/WL13 in Second AC (2A) with 88% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is GNWL61/WL35 in Third AC (3A) with 37% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL238/WL110 in Sleeper (SL) with 70% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
info

Salem to Chennai Kovai SF Express 12676

Salem to Chennai Kovai SF Express (12676) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai train fare is Rs.520 in Chair Car, Rs.130 in None and Rs.145 in Second Seater for this train. In Kovai SF Express (12676), seat availability status is PQWL22/WL18 in Chair Car (CC) with 28% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL109/WL54 in Second Seater (2S) with 67% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
info

Salem to Chennai Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express 12680

Salem to Chennai Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express (12680) departs from Salem Jn station (SA) at and arrives Chennai Central station (MAS) at . Salem to Chennai train fare is Rs.520 in Chair Car, Rs.130 in None and Rs.145 in Second Seater for this train. In Coimbatore Chennai Central InterCity SF Express (12680), seat availability status is GNWL52/WL26 in Chair Car (CC) with 40% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is GNWL140/WL80 in Second Seater (2S) with 60% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.
info

About Chennai

The city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu, formely known as Madras, India and the headquarters of the Southern Railway Zone, is a major rail transport hub in the country. Chennai Central Railway Station designed in British colonial style by architect Henry Irwin and also known as the Gateway to the South. It is one of the most important railway hubs in South India and stands as one of the busiest in the nation. The next station to Chennai Central, Basin Bridge Junction, is the railway junction where three different lines meet. Chennai has an international airport Chennai International Airport. It is the fourth busiest airport in India and 47th busiest airport in Asia. Chennai is the land of beautiful temples, and reels in tourists from different corners of the world. There is of course Mahabalipuram (nicknamed Mahabs), which displays Dravidian architecture on monuments, right by the beach side. Kapaleeshwar Temple is a wondrous temple to take a peek into. This Shiva temple was also constructed in the 7th century. Chennai is known for its delicacies: dosas and idlis. A place to get some great tasting South Indian food is the 'Adyar Anand Bhavan,' known for serving pure, delicious vegetarian goodness. To capture the diverse cultures of South India, Chennai has an authentic heritage home called 'Dakshichitra.' There are many cool exhibitions showcasing dance, art, craft activities, and much more. Some of the places to visit in Chennai Vandalur Zoo, Known to be one of Asia's largest open-air zoos, the Besant Nagar Beach, or Elliots Beach, but referred to as 'Bessie' and a mysterious and potentially eerie spot known as the 'Broken Bridge' lies just a bit beyond the beach. Pondy Bazaar and T Nagar are popular bazaar for shopping. Chennai has 3 railway stations - Chennai Central (MAS), Chennai Egmore (MS) and Tambaram (TBM).
Note:
  • RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
  • Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
    •    Red - Not likely to confirm.
    •    yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
    •    Green - Very likely to confirm.
  • Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
  • Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.
close
Recently Asked Question