Shatabdi express is a premium category full air-conditioned train that connects important cities of India. These are the fastest trains in India which can run at over 150 kmph. These trains runs for short distances only and are not for overnight journeys. Shatabdi trains have only seating arrangements. They are equipped with safer LHB coaches. The first Shatabdi Express train was introduced in 1988 to commemorate the birth centenary of Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. These train offers catering facilities and the food fare is included in ticket cost. Shatabdi trains have classes Chair Car (CC) and Executive Class(EC). These are best alternative to bus journeys. 1 shatabdi train runs from Saharanpur to Dehradun - New Delhi Dehradun Shatabdi Express (12017).
Saharanpur to Dehradun New Delhi Dehradun Shatabdi Express (12017) departs from Saharanpur station (SRE) at and arrives Dehradun station (DDN) at . This train has 3 stoppages. Saharanpur to Dehradun shatabdi fare is Rs.355 in Chair Car and Rs.735 in Executive Class for this train which includes meal charges also. Dehradun Shatabdi is an important train for passengers travelling to Haridwar. Every year Haridwar a Holy pilgrimage and the land of Ganges seeks a large number of devotees who prefer to travel via this train due to its speed and comfort. It also stops at Roorkee which is home to IIT Roorkee - the oldest engineering college in India (previously known as Thomason College of Civil Engineering). There are two Shatabdi trains between these two stations one of which runs in the evening and this Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi (12017) leaves New Delhi everyday at 06:45 AM.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.