Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Ratlam Jn to Ernakulum - Hazrat Nizamuddin Ernakulam Duronto Express (12284).
Ratlam Jn to Ernakulum Hazrat Nizamuddin Ernakulam Duronto Express (12284) departs from Ratlam Jn station (RTM) at and arrives Ernakulam Jn station (ERS) at . Ratlam Jn to Ernakulum duronto fare is Rs.6135 in First AC, Rs.3730 in Third AC, Rs.5270 in Second AC and Rs.1545 in Sleeper for this train which includes meal charges also. Ernakulam Duronto 12283/84 is the second fastest train after Rajdhani Express between Ernakulam Junction of Kerala and Hazrat Nizamuddin of Delhi. This is the longest running Duronto train in India. This train crosses some of the important cities of India namely Mangalore, Goa, Ratnagiri, Panvel, Vadodara, Ratlam and Kota. As with any other Duronto, this Duronto also have not had any stops initially and used to run non stop for such long distance.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.