Puri to Deendayal Upadhyaya Jn train Seat Availability & Fare
Train seat availability for all 3 trains that run from Puri to Mughalsarai can be found in above table.
Fare for trains from Puri to Mughalsarai is Rs 3275 in First AC (1A), Rs 1365 in Third AC (3A), Rs 1940 in Second AC (2A) and Rs 520 in Sleeper (SL) in general quota. Tatkal ticket fare and premium tatkal fare in this route starts from Rs 1750 in Third AC (3A), Rs 2465 in Second AC (2A) and Rs 660 in Sleeper (SL).
Puri is a holy city situated on the Bay of Bengal in the Indian state of Odisha. The city is known for sandy beaches and temples specifically Jagannath Temple and Konark Sun God Temple. Best time to visit Puri is between October to March. There are numerous tourist attractions including temples, beaches, exotic wildlife and lakes. The famous Rath Yatra of Jagannath Puri observes lakhs of devotees while some of the other festivals include Puri beach festival, Konark beach festival, Gundicha Utsav etc. Nearest airport to Puri is Bhubaneswar's Biju Patnaik airport which is located at a distance of 60 Kms from Puri. Puri has 1 railway station - Puri (PURI).
Mughalsarai is situated in Uttar Pradesh just 20 kms away from Varanasi. Its station has recently been renamed to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya was found dead in mysterious circumstances near the Mughalsarai station in February 1968 which is why his name is chosen. In olden days there used be inns (sarai) here where majority of Mughal caravans used to stop. This is how it got its name Mughalsarai. This city is not a famous tourist destination. Most people who have heard of this place know it because they happen to change trains here - thanks to its big railway station. Mughalsarai is the fourth busiest railway junction in India. The Mughalsarai station contains the largest railway marshalling yard in Asia. The nearest airport to Mughalsarai is Lal Bahadur Shastri International airport in Varanasi. Mughalsarai has 1 railway station - Deendayal Upadhyaya Jn (DDU).
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.