Shatabdi express is a premium category full air-conditioned train that connects important cities of India. These are the fastest trains in India which can run at over 150 kmph. These trains runs for short distances only and are not for overnight journeys. Shatabdi trains have only seating arrangements. They are equipped with safer LHB coaches. The first Shatabdi Express train was introduced in 1988 to commemorate the birth centenary of Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. These train offers catering facilities and the food fare is included in ticket cost. Shatabdi trains have classes Chair Car (CC) and Executive Class(EC). These are best alternative to bus journeys. 1 shatabdi train runs from New Farakka Jn to Bolpur Shantiniketan - New Jalpaiguri Howrah Shatabdi Express (12042).
New Farakka Jn to Bolpur Shantiniketan New Jalpaiguri Howrah Shatabdi Express (12042) departs from New Farakka Jn station (NFK) at and arrives Bolpur Shantiniketan station (BHP) at . New Farakka Jn to Bolpur Shantiniketan shatabdi fare is Rs.595 in Chair Car and Rs.880 in Executive Class for this train which includes meal charges also. Howrah New Jalpaiguri Shatabdi train is an important train connecting two main cities of West Bengal. It is the fastest train on this route which started its services from July, 2012. Howrah New Jalpaiguri Shatabdi is the only Shatabdi train to be hauled by diesel engine as against today's electric engines.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.