Hide Fare
Show Fare

Madurai to Kumbakonam trains

Mon, February 19
Trains Dep Arr Time MTWTFSS 1A 2A 3A SL 2S
Trains Dep Arr Time MTWTFSS 1A 2A 3A SL 2S
Madurai Chengalpattu (Melmaruvathur) SpecialFare Special
06066


MDU


KMU
05:05
M - - - F - -
--
--
--
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express
16780


MDU


KMU
04:18
M - - T - S -
--
--
PQWL13/WL9
61%
Trends
checked 1 day ago
PQWL57/WL44
44%
Trends
checked 1 day ago
--
Mahal Superfast Express
22624


MDU


KMU
03:58
- - - T - S -
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
--
Nagercoil Chennai Egmore Summer SpecialFare Special
06064


MDU


KMU
03:53
- - - - - - S
--
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
--
Nagercoil Chennai Egmore Suvidha Special
82609


MDU


KMU
03:53
- - - - - - S
--
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
Availability
Trends
--
Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express
16106


MDU


KMU
05:14
M T W T F S S
PQWL1/WL1
86%
Trends
checked 13 hrs ago
PQWL11/WL7
86%
Trends
checked 13 hrs ago
PQWL14/WL10
79%
Trends
checked 13 hrs ago
PQWL128/WL91
39%
Trends
checked 3 hrs ago
--

Madurai to Kumbakonam train time table

Mahal Superfast Express (22624) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at taking a total of 3 hrs 58 mints to cover the distance of 246 kms. Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express (16106) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at taking a total of 5 hrs 14 mints to cover the distance of 246 kms. Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express (16780) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at taking a total of 4 hrs 18 mints to cover the distance of 246 kms.

Madurai to Kumbakonam train Seat Availability

In Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express (16106), seat availability status is PQWL1/WL1 in First AC (1A) with 86% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is PQWL11/WL7 in Second AC (2A) with 86% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is PQWL14/WL10 in Third AC (3A) with 79% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL128/WL91 in Sleeper (SL) with 39% chance of confirmation for tomorrow. In Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express (16780), seat availability status is PQWL13/WL9 in Third AC (3A) with 61% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL57/WL44 in Sleeper (SL) with 44% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.

Madurai to Kumbakonam train Fare

Fare for trains from Madurai to Kumbakonam is Rs 1165 in First AC (1A), Rs 700 in Second AC (2A), Rs 180 in Sleeper (SL) and Rs 495 in Third AC (3A) in general quota. Tatkal ticket fare and premium tatkal fare in this route starts from Rs 1520 in Second AC (2A), Rs 385 in Sleeper (SL) and Rs 1080 in Third AC (3A).

Madurai to Kumbakonam train Suvidha

Suvidha as the name suggests is a series of express trains that was introduced a couple of years back in lieu to beat the peak season rush on other trains. These trains have sleeper, second seating and ac coaches. The advance reservation period for these trains are a maximum of 30 days only as against other trains that have 120 days of ARP. For suvidha trains passengers are issued either confirmed berth or RAC and there is no waitlist concept in Suvidha trains. So for passengers who are looking for a sure shot seat can opt for Suvidha train if this train is available for your route. But hang on, before you proceed further to book a ticket in this trains, let us tell you that it will burn a hole in your pocket because Suvidha trains too have dynamic fare (flexi fare) system just like rajdhani and Shatabdi trains. So you might end up paying more for a SL class than Second AC of any other train on same route. Also, senior citizens and children are not given any privilege of concession in these trains. And once you drop the plan to travel, do it carefully as there is no cancellation permitted for these trains of course with some exceptions. 1 suvidha train runs from Madurai to Kumbakonam - Nagercoil Chennai Egmore Suvidha Special (82609).

Madurai to Kumbakonam Nagercoil Chennai Egmore Suvidha Special (82609) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at .

Madurai to Kumbakonam Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express 16106

Madurai to Kumbakonam Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express (16106) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at . Madurai to Kumbakonam train fare is Rs.1165 in First AC, Rs.495 in Third AC, Rs.700 in Second AC and Rs.180 in Sleeper for this train. In Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express (16106), seat availability status is PQWL1/WL1 in First AC (1A) with 86% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is PQWL11/WL7 in Second AC (2A) with 86% chance of confirmation, seat availability status is PQWL14/WL10 in Third AC (3A) with 79% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL128/WL91 in Sleeper (SL) with 39% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.

Madurai to Kumbakonam Mahal Superfast Express 22624

Madurai to Kumbakonam Mahal Superfast Express (22624) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at . Madurai to Kumbakonam train fare is Rs.1245 in First AC, Rs.540 in Third AC, Rs.745 in Second AC and Rs.210 in Sleeper for this train.

Madurai to Kumbakonam Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express 16780

Madurai to Kumbakonam Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express (16780) departs from Madurai Jn station (MDU) at and arrives Kumbakonam station (KMU) at . Madurai to Kumbakonam train fare is Rs.495 in Third AC and Rs.180 in Sleeper for this train. In Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express (16780), seat availability status is PQWL13/WL9 in Third AC (3A) with 61% chance of confirmation and seat availability status is PQWL57/WL44 in Sleeper (SL) with 44% chance of confirmation for tomorrow.

Madurai to Kumbakonam train: Fastest, Slowest, Timely & Most Delayed

The fastest train from Madurai to Kumbakonam is Nagercoil Chennai Egmore Summer SpecialFare Special (06064) which travels a distance of 245 kms in just 3 hrs 53 mints. The slowest train from Madurai to Kumbakonam is Tiruchendur Chennai Egmore (Chendur) Express (16106) which travels a distance of 246 kms in 5 hrs 14 mints. The most punctual train from Madurai to Kumbakonam is Mahal Superfast Express (22624) which reaches Kumbakonam with an average delay of just 6 mints. The most delayed train from Madurai to Kumbakonam is Rameswaram Tirupati (Meenakshi) Express (16780) which reaches Kumbakonam with an average delay of over 42 mints.

About Madurai

Madurai is a culturally rich city in Tamil Nadu. Some people also say that Madurai is the soul of Tamil Nadu. It is the second largest city by population in this state. It is situated on the banks of river Vaigai. Popular monuments in Madurai are Meenakshi Amman temple, Alagarkoil Temple and Shrine, Gandhi museum, Tirumalai Nayak palace, Koodal Azhagar Temple, Pazhamudir Solai, Kazimar Big Mosque and Kutladampatti Falls. Recently IT companies have also started up opening their offices in Madurai. Madurai is the headquarters of TamilNadu State Transport Corporation. It is one of the seven circles of the Tamil Nadu State Highway network. Madurai Jn is an important railway station connecting Madurai with major cities and towns across India. Madurai has an airport too although the flights connectivity is limited. Madurai has 1 railway station - Madurai Jn (MDU).
Note:
  • RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
  • Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
       Red - Not likely to confirm.    yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.    Green - Very likely to confirm.
  • Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
  • Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.