Shatabdi express is a premium category full air-conditioned train that connects important cities of India. These are the fastest trains in India which can run at over 150 kmph. These trains runs for short distances only and are not for overnight journeys. Shatabdi trains have only seating arrangements. They are equipped with safer LHB coaches. The first Shatabdi Express train was introduced in 1988 to commemorate the birth centenary of Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. These train offers catering facilities and the food fare is included in ticket cost. Shatabdi trains have classes Chair Car (CC) and Executive Class(EC). These are best alternative to bus journeys. 2 shatabdi trains run from Ludhiana to Rajpura Jn - Amritsar New Delhi Swarna Jayanti Shatabdi Express (12030) and Amritsar New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12032).
Ludhiana to Rajpura Jn Amritsar New Delhi Swarna Jayanti Shatabdi Express (12030) departs from Ludhiana Jn station (LDH) at and arrives Rajpura Jn station (RPJ) at . Ludhiana to Rajpura Jn shatabdi fare is Rs.420 in Chair Car and Rs.645 in Executive Class for this train which includes meal charges also. New Delhi - Amritsar Swarna Shatabdi is a morning Shatabdi train leaving New Delhi at 07:20 AM. It takes 25 minutes extra compared to its evening Shatabdi 12013/14 that runs via Sirhind Jn on the same route. While Swarna Shatabdi 12029/30 runs via Rajpura Junction.
Ludhiana to Rajpura Jn Amritsar New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12032) departs from Ludhiana Jn station (LDH) at and arrives Rajpura Jn station (RPJ) at . Ludhiana to Rajpura Jn shatabdi fare is Rs.420 in Chair Car and Rs.645 in Executive Class for this train which includes meal charges also. Amritsar Shatabdi runs exactly along the route of Swarna Shatabdi. The only difference being in the days of running. So one can say, Swarna Shatabdi runs by the train number 12031 on every Thursday.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.