Duronto express is a newer premium class of train which runs as fast as Rajdhanis. Duronto word comes from restless in Bengali as these trains had no intermediate commercial stops when they started. But since Indian Railways incurred losses for these trains, some technical stops were converted to commercial stops. On some routes (such as Delhi-Kolkata) they take lesser time than corresponding Rajdhani express. Unlike rajdhani some durontos also have non-air conditioned sleeper class. Thus, Duronto trains have classes First AC (1A), AC II-tier, AC III-tier and Sleeper. Bed-rolls in sleeper class of Mixed Duronto Express trains will be supplied to passengers on demand, on payment of stipulated charges. Duronto trains are distinguished by vibrant and colorful vinyl coating on the outer surface of the coaches. 1 duronto train runs from Kolkata to Churu - Sealdah Bikaner AC Duronto Express (12259).
Kolkata to Churu Sealdah Bikaner AC Duronto Express (12259) departs from Kolkata Sealdah station (SDAH) at and arrives Churu station (CUR) at . Kolkata to Churu duronto fare is Rs.5210 in First AC, Rs.2130 in Third AC and Rs.3065 in Second AC for this train which includes meal charges also. Needless to say there are numerous trains between Kolkata and Delhi but 12259/60 Sealdah - New Delhi Duronto is the fastest premium train on this route, even faster than both Kolkata Rajdhani and Sealdah Rajdhani. Sealdah New Delhi Duronto was the first ever Duronto train to be introduced in India. It takes least duration to reach destination after weekly train 12249 Yuva Exp. Running 4 days a week makes this train more preferred one. It connects some of the prominent cities of Bihar and cities enroute like Dhanbad, Mughalsarai and Kanpur.
- RAC is considered as confirmed for evaluating confirmation chances.
- Colors under confirmation chances mean following:
- Red - Not likely to confirm.
- yellow - Difficult to say if this will confirm or not.
- Green - Very likely to confirm.
- Seat availability and berth status functionality may not be available between and .
- Disclaimer - Trainman is in no way affiliated to Indian Railways, therefore some times, the information shown may not be accurate. Trainman also does not claim 100% accuracy on any prediction done for waitlisted tickets.